I’ve fallen for Quinoa (pronounced keen’wah)!! I think it might be true love, but I’m giving it a little more time.
This ancient American grain was introduced to me when I began Danaâ€™s Bread (in the early 1990s), but I didn’t have time for it. I was just beginning a relationship with whole wheat. Now I have time for Quinoa, and it’s making it’s way to our dinner table night after night – an “official” crush!! Here is a recipe I have been serving for dinner with the leftovers going with RB to work.
Â Quinoa Salad with Spinach, Green Onions and Toasted Pistachios
- 2 cups quinoa
- 1/2 – 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 cups chopped, fresh spinach leaves
- 4 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1/4 cup + 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 – 3 cloves minced garlic, raw or roasted
- 1/4 – 1/2 cup shelled and toasted pistachios
- additional salt and pepper to taste