This recipe has become a part of my skin care routine
to help with dry skin during the winter months.
Here’s an updated and improved version of my DIY Lavender Body Butter.
It will feel so good on your skin!
My skin care recipe yields enough to get you through the winter
or to give as special gifts to friends!!
- 2 cups coconut oil
- 1/2 cup Shea Butter
- 3 tablespoons almond or jojoba oil
- 20 drops lavender essential oil
- In a glass bowl microwave coconut oil in 15 second increments (whisking in-between) until just melted all the way
- Add the Shea Butter and heat again in 15 second increments (whisking in-between) until Shea Butter is melted and incorporated into the coconut oil
- Place the bowl in the refrigerator and allow to cool until the mixture starts to begin to become opaque around the edges (I let mine cool to a temperature of 68 degrees before whipping).
- Transfer the mixture into the bowl of your stand mixer
- Whip the mixture until it begins to become creamy
- Drizzle the oil and essential oil into the coconut oil / Shea Butter mixture
- Continue to whip until the mixture is creamy and fluffy
- Store in glass or plastic sealed containers
- My mixture yielded approximately 6 Weck jars of Body Butter
- Note: Coconut oil melts at approx 76 degrees – so store in a cool, dry place. I store in the refrigerator.