When Reuben was living in NYC and Toronto, we loved being able to walk to the park or walk to get a treat. So when we were looking at where to locate in Nashville, we chose to rent in a building that offered some walkability. We’ve enjoyed some evening and afternoon walks to get smoothies or a cup of coffee, but I wanted to get back to homemade smoothies with organic fruit.
This past weekend, we enjoyed strawberry raspberry smoothies, following the written instructions by one of the boys. Writing out recipes and making something yummy to eat was a fun activity I did when I was teaching. It was a great way to get kids engaged in what they were doing and to have them write about it.
It doesn’t matter what the temperature is outside – my boys love an ice cold fruit smoothie. Organic frozen fruit makes the treat possible all year round!
Here is our recipe… xo, dana
- 1 cup juice (we used orange juice)
- 1 banana
- 1 cup frozen organic strawberries
- 1 cup frozen organic raspberries
- Add juice to your blender, followed by the banana and frozen berries.
- Puree until smooth according to your blender instructions.
- Serve and enjoy.