The restaurants in Nashville inspire me!!
Since we moved to Nashville, one of the restaurants at the top of our list is Josephine on 12th. On a Friday evening ordering several small plates & wine to share with Reuben is my favorite way to kick off the weekend!
I love their roasted vegetables and often we order a couple for our meal. Their roasted carrots remind me of Sundays growing up, when my mom would make a pot roast with potatoes, carrots and parsnips. The roasted vegetables were always my favorite part of the meal!
For this recipe, I topped the roasted carrots with some locally made granola that I picked up at the 12 South Farmer’s Market.
- 1 pound rainbow carrots
- olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- granola for topping
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Clean and trim carrots - cut in half lengthwise
- Place prepared carrots on a sheet pan & drizzle with olive oil
- Use tongs to move them around to coat the carrots with the oil
- Make sure the carrots are placed in one layer so they will brown evenly (if placed too close together they will have a tendency to steam instead of caramelize as you want them to)
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper
- Place pan in preheated oven and roast for about 30 - 35 minutes (or until tender)
- Remove and check for doneness with a fork
- I prefer mine a little on the crunchy side
- When done allow them to cool, place on a plate and top with granola