I’m finally baking again!!
This past weekend I had a HUGE creative mess going in the kitchen.
Reuben was doing work at the kitchen table and snapped a picture –
there wasn’t a clean spot on a counter to be found.
He said it reminded him of when he used to come in the shop just to see me.
The mess seemed to bother me so much more than anyone else in the family.
Yes, I admit, maybe I need to lighten up sometimes –
always managing the house, even the littlest detail.
I guess that’s why he likes to call me “LaRussa.”
- 1/3 cup plus 1 tablespoon brown rice flour (45 grams)
- 1/4 cup garbanzo bean flour (27.5 grams)
- 1 tablespoon Sucanut
- pinch of salt
- 4 tablespoons coconut oil (2 ounces in weight), cold and cut into small pieces
- 1 1/2 teaspoons flax meal
- 1 1/2 – 2 tablespoon ice water
- 2 pears – peeled, cored and cut into medium pieces
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1/4 cup Sucanut
- 2 tablespoons coconut sugar
- 5 large pieces candied ginger, chopped
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon corn starch
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- In a food processor combine the flours, flax seed meal, sugar and salt.
- Add the cold pieces of coconut oil and pulse until the mixture looks like a coarse meal.
- Remove mixture and place in a medium bowl.
- Add the ice water a little at a time and mix with your hand until dough comes together in a ball.
- Roll dough between pieces of plastic wrap for the sizing of your tartlet pans.
- Press dough into tartlet pans and set aside.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- To make the filling – in a bowl, combine the pears, lemon juice, Sucanut, coconut sugar, chopped candied ginger, cinnamon, corn starch and 1/4 teaspoon salt and stir to mix well.
- Add mixed pear filling to dough lined tartlet pans.
- Bake for approximately 25 minutes.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool