Nacho wanted Pumpkin Soup for dinner, and I had NO time for the “Wonder of Pumpkin,”
I had nothing in my back pocket planned for dinner that evening.
I also said to myself,
“Dana … who really has the time to bake a pumpkin? Am I delusional?”
Readers need a healthy meal on the table FAST.
That night, I decided to see how fast I could get the soup prepared.
With my ingredients chopped and ready, I was able to get it done in only 15 minutes!
So here’s my reality based Butternut Squash and Pumpkin Soup.
- 15 ounce can organic butternut squash puree
- 15 ounce can or boxed organic pumpkin puree
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon peeled, chopped ginger
- 4 cups un-chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon Braggâs Liquid Aminos
- Â½ cup coconut milk
- salt and pepper to taste
- optional, toasted pepitas for sprinkling on top of soup
- Have all ingredients prepped.
- Saute onion and ginger in oil for 3-5 minutes to soften.
- Add broth and Braggâs Liquid Aminos to the pot and bring to a boil.
- Stir butternut squash and pumpkin into the boiling soup and cook until heated through.
- Turn heat to simmer and cook approximately 5 minutes.
- Turn heat off and carefully puree soup.
- Puree in a blender or food processor until smooth.
- Return pureed soup to pot and gently warm soup â stir while adding coconut milk.
- Serve and enjoy!