Are you like me and can eat the same dish night after night? Have you found yourself eating it cold out of the fridge the next day? Guilty, but loving it! This recipe is just that dish – Arugula Pistachio Spaghetti.
My creation exceeded my expectations! We had arugula in the garden and some fresh parsley from our container of herbs. Rather than a pesto, I wanted a rough chop of these ingredients stirred into a cooked spaghetti. It worked beautifully and was exactly what I wanted – supremely satisfying! We made it for a quick, light dinner for small plates and then a dinner for two.
I haven’t had the time to post this and share with you–as I intended to a month ago–but we have kept eating Arugula Pistachio Spaghetti since the arugula started coming up. Summer has been so busy that way. I’ve been tending to my sweet garden and carving out a little time each day to read, write, and reflect – tending to my inner heart as well as my garden. It’s been awesome, and I so love the changes taking place!! I’ve been short on time and food inspiration, so we’ve been eating a LOT of this meal!
For my gluten-free friends I tested 1 brand of gluten-free pasta, and it was okay. I’ve had Jovial recommended by two of my friends and that is on my list to try next … will keep you posted on what I find.
Happy summer and hugs!! dana
- 2 cups packed arugula
- 2 tablespoons (or a small bunch) flat leaf parsley
- 1/3 cup roasted, unsalted and shelled pistachios
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon fresh squeezed lemon juice
- kosher salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- 8 ounces spaghetti
- Place 1 cup packed arugula in a food processor
- Add flat leaf parsley
- Add pistachios, garlic, olive oil and lemon juice
- Pulse a few times until the mixtures is coarsely chopped (but not as fine as you would for a pesto)
- Cook spaghetti according to directions – I like al dente
- Add arugula pistachio mixture to warm spaghetti
- Add kosher salt and fresh ground pepper to taste
- Place remaining 1 cup arugula in serving bowls and add servings of arugula pistachio spaghetti on top or add the remaining arugula to the arugula pistachio spaghetti mixing in and then serving